meaning of membership
What does Membership Mean at L2?
The benefits of membership at L2 Church are internal as well as external to the member.
1. Members are granted church financial, administrative, and operational information.
2. Members will be allowed to vote on church issues in order to influence the Elders' decisions.
3. Members will receive access to the Counseling/Coaching Benevolence Fund
4. Members will be granted access to leadership roles (i.e. Community Groups, Staff, Events, Deacon, Elder)
1. Membership Accountability - Members are required to hold the leadership accountable as well as the leaders to hold the members accountable to living biblically. The leadership is here to serve the church not rule the church (Acts 20:28, Hebrews 3: 7,17).
2. Church Discipline - Membership is required for church discipline as it is the responsibility of our leadership to protect you from those who may harm and/or injure you in your life and practice of your faith (Matthew 18:15-17).
3. Community - Membership creates a community of believers that are making a public testimony of their submission under L2 Church's leadership and working together to make disciples, make a difference, and live life to the second power.
Membership is not...
1. ... a comfortable place spiritually. You will be made more visible in the community and asked to hold those around you to the standard of living set forth by God.
2. ... a club or bunker. We seek to intelligently equip people to send them out intolive their lives on mission, rather than highjack their lives in service to the local church.
3. ... salvation. Salvation of the elect was accomplished by the sinless life, substitutionary atoning death, and literal physical resurrection of Jesus Christ in place of his people for their sins and the role of the Holy Spirit in guiding their lives that are productive and honoring to God and his kingdom.
We are truly excited about your interest in membership, and we feel that your efforts will be significantly benefited as you attend to the needs of this city and the life that God has given you.